Last night there was a heartbreaking tragedy in San Bruno, CA, about 15 miles from our home. A gas leak ignited causing an explosion and fire that killed 4 people, injured many more and burned 53 homes.
After making a handful of calls last night, I was relieved to discover that no one I knew was hurt or had lost their home. Although everyone was safe, the incident has shaken me. In fact, just about everyone in the Bay Area is still rattled.
Tomorrow marks the 9th anniversary of the September 11th tragedy. The timing of last night's incident compounds the somberness felt every year during this time. In honor of those who lost so much last night and nine years ago, one of the most respectful ways I can think of to express my condolences is to be grateful for what I have.
- I am grateful for my beautiful son and my wonderful husband.
- I am grateful for my parents, my grandmother, my brother and all of my family.
- I am grateful for my in-laws.
- I am grateful for my friends and all our students at Fearless Fitness.
- I am grateful for my dogs Harlan and Spur.
- I am grateful for my house and the sanctuary it provides.
I have so much to be thankful for. In fact, I will be spending my weekend continuing to count my blessings. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend counting your blessings as well.